St. Louis Business, Property and Taxation Attorney Facilitates Success
Providing comprehensive legal solutions since 1987
At Davis & Garvin, LLC, we are committed to helping businesses and individuals throughout greater St. Louis achieve success in major transactions and in day-to-day operations. We draw on more than 30 years of experience in the law and in business to provide practical, understandable guidance to advance our clients’ goals. Although we provide general counsel services for businesses, our forte is real estate, where we have represented property owners in the acquisition, development, financing and management of commercial and residential real estate projects.
Personalized attention from a reputable business lawyer
Since establishing our practice in 1987, Davis & Garvin has built a strong reputation for responsive client service and positive results. If you’re looking for seasoned business counsel, you’ll find we are:
- Experienced — In addition to practicing business, real estate and tax law for more than 30 years, founding member James Davis has also owned and operated a title insurance agency and a mortgage brokerage firm, and has participated in the sale and acquisition of numerous valuable properties.
- Accomplished — In addition to a thriving law practice, Jim Davis owns and operates residential rental properties. He is also the owner of IPX Exchange Services, Inc., a qualified intermediary facilitating tax-deferred exchanges of investment property.
- Dedicated — At Davis & Garvin, we are determined to facilitate your success. We take a hands-on approach, explaining the pertinent law and your options. We focus on offering complete solutions rather than stop-gap measures, so you can proceed confidently toward your goals.
When you retain our services, you’ll appreciate our commitment to assisting you today and helping you meet your continuing legal needs.
Knowledge and experience in legal areas vital to business
Davis & Garvin, LLC provides capable assistance on business matters, including matters related to real property sales and taxation. Clients frequently come to us for issues related to:
- Business law — Our legal practice is dedicated to helping business clients achieve their goals. We provide proactive advice that removes legal impediments so you can implement your business plan smoothly and efficiently. Throughout every phase of your operations, from formation to dissolution, we provide complete answers based on decades of knowledge and practical experience.
- Business formation — We help entrepreneurs get their companies started on the right foot with reliable, practical guidance on business formation. We review business plans, advise on choice of entity, supervise filings, draft ownership agreements and company bylaws, and assist with vital operational issues, such as land use and permitting.
- Real estate — We represent all interested parties in commercial and residential real estate transactions in the greater St. Louis area. We pride ourselves on being able to address all your concerns and protect all your rights and interests, especially with respect to terms of the buy-sell or lease agreement, title, financing, tax planning, land use and permitting.
- Tax law — Too many businesses fall victim to the complex tax code when they don’t get reliable advice from a knowledgeable attorney. We provide in-depth analysis of the tax consequences of various business and commercial activities, starting at formation. We work alongside corporate development officers to perform due diligence on mergers and acquisitions so you can weigh tax consequences and structure the deal to minimize exposure.
- Breach of contract — When a breach of contract occurs, the consequences can extend beyond the immediate transaction. Commitments downstream are threatened while potential losses start to add up. The business relationship is also in jeopardy. At such times, it’s important to be proactive and seek a comprehensive solution. Drawing on more than three decades of business law experience, we pursue remedies that uphold your rights, limit damages, and preserve relationships.
For comprehensive solutions to your business, property and taxation issues, trust Davis & Garvin, LLC.
Contact an accomplished St. Louis lawyer for your business and property needs
Davis & Garvin, LLC offers free consultations for new clients. Call 314-730-2340 or contact us online to schedule an appointment. Our office is conveniently located at 325 N. Kirkwood Road, St. Louis, a mile west of the Westborough Country Club.